Qualcomm recently announced Snapdragon 865 and Snapdragon 765, Both are 5G enabled processors. Xiaomi announced the Redmi K30 5G in china for under $300 (Around Rs.22,000) along with a 4G variant that’s even cheaper.
The two Redmi K30 variants have a lot on common. Both have a 120Hz 6.67-inch FHD+ display in the 20:9 aspect ratio, which supports HDR 10 and has Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The screen is hole punched to accommodate a pair of cameras, while the rear setup includes four sensors. You can configure both variants with up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of onboard storage. A 4500mAh battery powers the models, and can fully juice up in 68 minutes.
Xiaomi has used the gaming-focused Snapdragon 730G processor for the Redmi K30 4G, which came out earlier this year to meet the growing appetite for gaming phones. Similar is the case with the 5G model that uses the Snapdragon 765G, a slightly faster variant of the 765. The 5G-enabled chip comes with the Snapdragon X52 modem to deliver gigabit-class mobile internet speeds.
Redmi K30 Specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G (K30)/Snapdragon 765G (K30 5G)
- Android 10-based MIUI 11
- 6/8GB RAM
- 64/128/256GB UFS 2.1 Storage
- 6.67″ LCD (2400×1080), 120Hz, HDR 10 Display
- 4500mAh, 27W charging (K30) or 30W charging (K30 5G) Battery
- 20MP, 78-degree FoV + 2MP, 83-degree FoV (for portrait blur) front camera
- 64MP, f/1.89, 79.8-degree FoV + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens, f/2.2, 120-degree FoV + 5MP super macro lens, f/2.4, 83-degree FoV + 2MP portrait depth of field lens, f/2.4, 83-degree FoV Rear camera
- 5G (Redmi K30 5G), 4G LTE with VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.1, dual-band Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Dimensions : 76.6 x 165.3 x 8.79mm, 208g
- Supported up to 512GB Memory card
- USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
The 4G variant is starting at 1599 yuan (Around Rs.16,000). The 5G variant, on the other hand, will go on sale in January at 1999 yuan (Around Rs.20,000) for its base variant, while the 8GB+256GB configuration will set you back 2899 yuan (Around Rs.29,000).